Skip to main content

Support functions

There are various support functions for you as a doctoral student at both LTH and Lund University.

Your supervisors, head of department and director of studies for third cycle studies at your department will give you support and help in your role as a doctoral student. If you need support from someone else, you can, turn to the health and safety representative at your department, to HR at LTH, to the occupational health service, the doctoral student ombudsman / doctoral student section or the union.

Below is information about and contacts for the various support functions.

The doctoral student section "Doct" within the Technology Union at LTH is available for all doctoral students at LTH and works to improve the quality of doctoral education. In addition, "Dokt" arranges social activities for doctoral students.

The Doctoral Student Guild at LTH (


The Doctoral Student Ombudsman (DOMB) is tasked with assisting doctoral students at Lund University when they encounter challenges concerning third cycle studies. No matter how small or serious the problem is, you are welcome to contact DOMB for support (free of charge).


Doctoral student ombudsman (LDK's website)


Doctoral students can contact the Occupational Health Service free of charge for questions and advice regarding work-related ill health, work environment and rehabilitation.

Occupational Health Service (Staff pages LU)


For doctoral students with a disability such as visual impairment, dyslexia or ADHD, it is possible to receive extra learning support.

Students with disabilities (Lund University's website)

You as a doctoral student are welcome to contact HR at LTH for guidance regarding your rights / obligations.

Contact information for the human resources department at LTH (Lund University's website)

Page Manager: | 2021-09-20